Killilagh Church Ruin, Doolin
The ruin of 15th Century Killilagh Church, 200 metres up our road, sits atop a hill overlooking Seascape B&B,
the Doolin countryside and the majestic Cliffs of Moher on the horizon.
Built in 1470, it served the people of the area
until our present church was built in 1840, about a quarter mile away. The story is told that in 1645, Cromwellian forces
burned the roof off the church during mass. and the North Clare area.
After Killilagh ceased to be a place of worship, it's consecrated ground began
to be used for burials. The earliest grave dates from 1860, the latest, 1985.